Monday 11 January 2010

Photos

Here are the screen shots from my photographs I took for my front cover image and double page spread.


For the front cover of my magazine I will be using my friend Charlotte Bailey as my model, I will style her hair make up and clothes myself and aim to produce a powerful picture for the front cover of my magazine in order to make it eye catching and enticing. The image must also fit in with the look of the type of music I am going for, the character I have created for Charlotte follows her style already which is quite "indie" and casual but I also want it to have a fun rock chick element to it as my magazine is aimed at young women who listen to alternative, rock and indie music. These women will be aspirers and succeders meaning that Charlotte will act as an icon to them but will also be a representative of this audience. Although I want these images to be powerful I still want them to have a feminine feel to them.
This is a variety of my photos that I took for the front cover of my magazine. I tried lots of different looks and settings in order to find the perfect picture. I wanted an image which was powerful and simple, that would appeal to my target market. I also wanted the photos to have a youthful fun element to them. Here are the few favourite images for differnt reasons that I will now have to choose between.

This photograph was taken at a photography studio at North West Kent College and I feel the lighting is very bright and the photo is of a good quality. However Ido not feel as if this image has the "X factor" and does not have much impact making it inappropriate for the front cover for a music magazine.



I really like this picture and think it has a very good impact. It is simple and not overstated but still draws attention and has and egdgy "rock chick" feel to it. The only thing that worries me about this image is I feel that it is slightly out of focus and am therefore not sure if i will be able to use it. But it definately has potentional and if need be, I may re-take it again and try to get a sharper picture.


I also really love this photograph it is fun and youthful and is not as restrictive as the other image as I feel more things can be edited and changed to enhance the picture. I love the lighting on this picture and think it definately has potential for the front cover. However once again I feel this photography may be too out of focus to use on the front page.



This is another image I am particularly fond of and I feel it fits my brief really well. It is quite conceptual and eccentric and is powerful and strong while still being feminine. It has a very youthful fun element to it and the gaze is particularly engaging. This is prehaps my favourite image to use for the front cover at this stage.




This is very similar from the previous image, however I feel this pose is slight more effective and the expression on her face is much more engaging.

No comments: