Tuesday 29 December 2009

Mood board



Now that I have my logo, I need to start thinking about the photos and the layout of my music magazine. These are a few examples of some magazines that particularly caught my eye, though they are not all strictly music magazines.I feel they follow the conventions I am looking for. What I like from these examples are the simplicity, the image is striking and the information is clear. They have a sophication and sleek look to them and are all very feminine. From this I now have a clearer idea of what I want my front cover to look like and I now know i want a simple background but a fun youthful picture as my layout is going to be fairly miminalistic therefore I need a picture which can speak for itself. Another thing I have noticed from the magazines that are fairly well known and sucessful are hybrid meaning that they have a mix of genres included. This doesn't limit the direction of the magazine and allows the magazine to change with modern times. This is an element which I am also planning to persue. My magazine will predominatly be aimed towards indie/alternative music,however I also want to include pop and hip hop artists such a Jay Z, Lady Gaga and many others whos music appeals to a wide variety of people. This means my photographic must be fairly generic as it has to appeal to a large assortment of people.

No comments: