Monday 14 December 2009

Naming my magazine

This was a task I found particularly hard as the name of the magazine is crutial to the fundamentals of the magazine.The name is all part of the image and connotation that my magazine will give out and I needed to think of a name that was unique, inetresting but also simple. Before I did this I thought of a few examples off good current music magazine names such as Kerrang, Q, NME, Spin. All these names are quite simple yet effective and this is an element I am looking for in the name of my magazine.These are just a few of my inital ideas

Out of these many names I wanted and understated simple name which still stood out. The main names which appeal to me the most currently are download, anarchy, sound, disconnected, pulse and noise. In order to choose the name I really want I will have to play with fonts and see which name LOOKS the best.

I have deicded that from this my name will be "Noise" with an ! replacing the i to give it a more modern "funky" look to it. The reason I have chosen this name is because it is bold on the page and makes a statement, it is an easy word to remember and relates to the subject of my magazine- music. The name is simple and straight forward just like I intend my for magazine. I want my magazine to be purely about music and about going back to basics.

No comments: