Monday 7 December 2009

Preliminary Completed

Front cover

This is the final product of my preliminary task for the front cover of my school magazine. I have called the magazine WOW which stands for Wired on Wilmington which could be a bit of a mouthful. The words WOW are captivating and memorable and are also quite modern and will draw readers in as they will feel like instantly they can relate to the dialouge. I have used the maroon and blue colour theme to link with the school colours to reinforce the idea that this is the school magazine and in ways is patrotic to the school in this way as the purpose of the magazine is not just to inform readers of school event, but it is also to show off what is good about the school and celebrate its achievements.In order to make the magazine sucessful and maintain readers I have decided that each months edition of the magazine will be on different topics. This keeps the face of the magazine fresh and up to date and can then reach out to all areas of the school. This particular edition is the music one and after my questionaire I carried out earlier gernally people felt the music department was often neglected and forgotton. People wanted a school magazine that would change this and make music seem more apealing and change the sterotype that music is all about classical music and playing the piano. In order to this this my image on the front cover is of a girl playing the drums. The drums have a "rock and roll" connatation and seem very hip and cool. This will draw in readers that otherwise may not be intrested and enables them to see the school in a new light. I have used a range of fonts that also appeal to a more modern market, however i have tried to make the most important information clear.

Contents Page



This is the contents page for my school magazine. I have tried to keep the layout quite simple and easy to use. I also tried to make the contents quite visual in order to interest and engage the reader. While i feel i have achieved this I do feel that it has a slight immature look to it and it I were to re-do this I would have made it look slightly more sophisticated.

No comments: